I cannot believe she is a year old! It blows my mind what has happened over the course of the year! She is walking, saying dada (and jabbering all the time), picking things up, feeding herself, and eating adult food (she refuses to eat baby food now).
For Rylee's birthday I decided to take her to the store to pick out her favorite toy. I was prepared to spend $30. Rylee didn't really care for any of the toys I was showing her. She finally found a ball and was stoked! Then on the way back to the cash register we stumbled across 2 other balls (luckily they were in the wrong place because I don't think I would have been able to find them otherwise.) So for her birthday I got her 3 balls for $10. No complaints here!
We decided to let Rylee pick the colors of her birthday cake. Over lunch we showed her different colors on our phones and let her pick her favorite. We got it down to pink and yellow:) Here is the lovely cake! I am no cake pro, but it seemed to work just fine:)
Here are a series of pictures of her eating her cake. It took a little while for her to finally dig in.
Sharing with dad:)
We dedided to take it off the plate before she pushed it off the high chair and then she finally dug in!
Striking a pose!
Here is Rylee right before bath time. Kenny was nice enough to smash her face in the cake (because I guess she wasn't dirty enough;) )
Nice clean Rylee finishing off her birthday with dad reading her her favorite book!
Rylee is SO awesome! We are so blessed to have her in our family. And I am so lucky to be able to stay at home and spend so much time with her. She is such a happy girl! And she makes me one happy mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment