Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Visitors


After Rylee was born we had some people make the long journey to central PA:)  I always thought it would be nice to have people come visit after you have the baby.  (I thought it would be a good excuse to see family.)  I didn't realize how helpful it really would be.

When I had Rylee 8 days early my parents decided that they didn't want to wait until she was a month old to come see her.  They decided to come visit her when she was a week old.  I was so glad they came.  Kenny was back at work and it was nice to have the extra hands.  And also very nice to spend some time with them.



Towards the end of my parent's visit, Diane was able to come out.  It was so nice to have her!  She bonded with Rylee late at night while she would give me a couple hours sleep without a baby (since Rylee had to be held all the time).


After Diane left, Kenny's mom came out.  And she somehow got Rylee to sleep in her crib for the first time.  Kenny and I were blown away!  We both stared at her in her crib asking ourselves if this was really happening.  She woke up a lot at night but I was able to sleep so much better without having to sleep with her in my arms.


Then a week after Kenny's mom left Kenny went to a conference in Copenhagen.  Thankfully my parents came out to be with me the entire time he was gone.  There is no way I could have made it without them.  And while Kenny was gone, my dad stayed busy building a deck.  He built us a huge deck in less then a week!  I still can't believe it.  The deck project kept me busy and helped take my mind off of Kenny being gone.  You can see the new door behind my mom.  It was awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment