Friday, June 22, 2012

Coming Home

Sorry it has been so long since our last post.  Every time I thought about posting I didn't know where to begin and so I kept putting it off.  And the longer I wait the more overwhelming it becomes.  The few times I did try to sit down and get caught up, Rylee decided to wake up. And she can be so demanding when she is awake;)


We took Rylee home from the hospital 2 days after she was born.  We wanted to be gone before lunch because we were SO ready to get home.  I was SO ready for my own bed, and SO done being poked and prodded.  When we got up in the morning Kenny decided to start packing everything up.  Then Rylee and I finally got the OK from the doctors to be discharged.  We just needed the nurses to get the last few things ready and then we would be good to go.

I got dressed and Kenny decided to have all the bags packed and next to the bed so the nurses would get the hint that we were ready to go.  It didn't work.  When they finally started giving me the discharge instructions they were talking about how they usually like to wait to cut off the baby's ankle bracelets until 30-40 minutes before we leave.  Then I said, "Great!  You can cut it off because we want to leave within 30-40 minutes."  They acted surprised, but finally got the idea.  It was so nice to finally be back home!

Here is Rylee at home for the first time.  

She weighed 6 lbs 6 oz when we left the hospital.  She has beefed up a little since then;)


No comments:

Post a Comment