She came about 8 days early, but we're SO glad to welcome her into the family. There won't be much text in this post--mostly pictures with some description. We'll post up later on how the labor actually went. For now, we figured that some pictures of Rylee will suffice. Enjoy!
We had a great Doula, Jennie Ballif, from the ward help us with various birthing positions.
She was great!
Kari's first look at Rylee
The Miracle of Birth
Baby Shock (I love this picture)
Happiness and Joy (Doesn't she look beautiful?)
Dirty newborn Rylee
Closeup of dirty newborn Rylee
Elated Mother
Exhausted Dad (they don't tell you that you won't sleep for another 4 hours after the actual birth... my adrenaline ran out a lot faster than Kari's)
Exhausted Rylee (I guess birth takes a lot out of the infant too)
Rylee has Dad's hair!
So peaceful!
Not so peaceful (less than a second after the previous picture)
Proud Father (Daddy's little girl has a strong climber's grip already)
Clark Family Picture
Beautiful Mother (How does she look so good less than 24 hours after labor?)
Rylee's favorite pink knit hat (it's the only one small enough for her head)
Peaceful sleeping (pre-BM)
During BM?
Post-BM
Kari: Still So Happy!
Grandparents (and others too): If you want any of these original files, let me know. I can email them to you when I get a chance.






















Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Rylee is so beautiful! Jessica will be ready to burst within a week to three weeks or so. Please let me know if there's anything I should be concerned about. We are going to have a natural birth, at the American Fork Hospital. I'm going to catch the baby, and I'm a little nervous. :)
ReplyDeleteKenny I really like your commentating, and of course, Rylee & Kari!
ReplyDeleteK, I'm ready for more pictures of my niece! Though, I have greatly appreciated the pace at which they come via text:)
ReplyDelete